Dragons are some of the most famous mythological figures. But no matter how abundant these creatures are in toy stores, some parents are still not fully convinced that they should get one for their child.
Dragon toys can actually be helpful in many ways. It can boost your little one’s still-developing artistry and imagination. At the same time, it can be educational and interactive.
Rounding up Some of the Best Dragon Toys For Kids
The search for the best dragon toy for kids can be tedious. As its size, shape and design vary, you might find it exhausting to find the most ideal dragon for your children. In this article, I’ve listed 8 of the best dragons on the market, and go through what I love about each of them.
Table of Contents
- Rounding up Some of the Best Dragon Toys For Kids
- 1. ValeforToy 12-Piece Assorted Dragon Figures
- 2. LEGO NINJAGO’s The Green NRG Dragon
- 3. Dragons Love Tacos Book and Toy Set
- 4. Glow-in-the-dark Snow Dragon
- 5. Play Dinosaur Figures Set by Harbor Ash Products
- 6. Aurora World Blue Dragon with Sound
- 7. Schleich Dragon Fighter Toy Figure
- 8. Full Set 8-piece “How To Train Your Dragon 2” Action Figures
- 9. Hydra The Three-Headed Dragon Costume
- 10. Playbrites 10-inch Dino Dragon
- Why Buy Dragon Toys?
- A Few Reminders
- Fun Facts about Dragons
- Other Ways to Unleash Your Child’s Creativity
1. ValeforToy 12-Piece Assorted Dragon Figures
This item from ValeforToy could be the answer to your dragon-themed kiddie party.
With 12 mini dragons included, this set offers a wide range of looks and designs that your child can enjoy playing with and exploring.
These toys are made of ABS Vinyl plastic and non-toxic paint, so you won’t have to worry if your child puts these toys in their mouth.
The set also makes for an ideal gift with the 3D-gift box that comes along with it. This feature can also be helpful in carrying and storing the toys conveniently.
What’s Great About It: The dragon toys are colored and detailed really well, which is a great bonus if you want to boost your child’s imagination.
2. LEGO NINJAGO’s The Green NRG Dragon
The Green NRG Dragon toy is packed with accessories that will make your child’s dragon-themed playtime more enjoyable.
The product features a saddle, golden chain-style reins, foldable printed textile wings that are complete with spike details, as well as a posable head, legs and split tails.
The set also includes five mini-figures that complete your kid’s fantasy fare. These figures are Lloyd in a Sky bound outfit, Ghost Cole in a Sky bound outfit, Battle Doubloon, Bucko and Cyren.
Other highlights are the sky pirates’ catapult and lookout tower.
What’s Great About It: The set is complete with all the accessories and characters any adventurous kid would love to have. It’s great for children who are playing alone, as well as kids who want to share it with others.
3. Dragons Love Tacos Book and Toy Set
Not only is this book-and-toy set educational, it is also equally entertaining.
A special edition of the New York Times bestselling children’s story, the product is a great idea if you want your child to be treated to a great story, a great snack and a great dragon toy.
The tale, penned by Adam Rubin and Daniel Salmieri, follows the story of taco-loving dragons. These creatures, upon accidentally eating spicy salsa, can put anyone near them into red-hot trouble.
As you read this story to your little one, you can bring the story to life with the accompanying dragon toy.
What’s Great About It: This item can help create more bonding moments with you and your child.
4. Glow-in-the-dark Snow Dragon
This unique dragon toy can be a beautiful addition to your child’s collection.
During the day, the dragon’s snow-white appearance is elegant and attractive. At bedtime, this toy becomes your child’s defender and protector.
What’s Great About It: If you want to know more about the dragon’s history, the toy comes with a booklet that gives you the story behind the mythical creature.
5. Play Dinosaur Figures Set by Harbor Ash Products
If your kid is fascinated with prehistoric dinosaurs, this offering from Harbor Ash Products could be your child’s perfect playtime buddy.
Spark your little one’s creativity through this set that features 12 play dinosaur figures. Apart from being a toy, it can also be part of your kid’s science projects for school.
These figures were designed to withstand even the most aggressive play from children, and they have no breakable or removable parts.
What’s Great About It: Harbor Ash Products offer a 100 percent guarantee refund policy. If your kid doesn’t enjoy the toys for any reason, you can return them for a full refund.
6. Aurora World Blue Dragon with Sound
This super-adorable dragon toy will not only delight you with its appearance; it also has a tummy press feature that allows your child to hear it roar.
If you’re opting for a friendlier approach, this could be the solution. It has realistic stylings, and is made with fine plush fabric that assures comfort whenever your little one is playing with it.
What’s Great About It: Your kid will thank you for this toy because it’s well-made and huggable. Its good quality and well-incorporated dragon roar are a good combination that will bring much joy to your child.
7. Schleich Dragon Fighter Toy Figure
If you are going for a braver-looking dragon toy, the Schleich Dragon Fighter Toy Figure might just be what you need.
This well-crafted ferocious toy can also pass as a collectible for kids to keep forever. It is masterfully hand-painted, and it has fangs, a movable jaw, and wing webbings that will blow away any fan of the fantasy genre.
This fire-breathing creature is a resident of the Dragon Island found in the mythical series introduced by Schleich – Eldrador.
What’s Great About It: The Schleich Dragon Fighter is ideal if your kid is really into fantasy tales. It is meticulously made and your child will love its attention to detail.
8. Full Set 8-piece “How To Train Your Dragon 2” Action Figures
Is your kid a fan of the “How To Train your Dragon” film franchise? Are they blown away by the charismatic character of Toothless? Then you might want to get them these adorable action figures.
The set is inclusive of eight characters from the popular franchise.
What’s Great About It: As the movie is extremely famous among youngsters, this set of dragon toys is delightful to play with. Let your kids channel their own Hiccup and create adventures with Toothless and the rest of the gang.
9. Hydra The Three-Headed Dragon Costume
This dragon-themed dress-up includes a long tail, feet with talons, and gloves resembling the head of a Hydra. Detailed and comfortable to wear, this could help your kid bring his costume game to a whole new level.
This item is ideal if your child is heading for a trick-or-treat during Halloween, or is simply attending a dragon-themed or dress up birthday bash.
What’s Great About It: If your child loves to dress up, they will love you for this costume. It’s attractive, unique and made of quality, durable materials.
10. Playbrites 10-inch Dino Dragon
Bring out the artist in your child with this dragon toy. Playbrites Dino Dragon comes with nine attachable accessories that your kid can mix and match.
Your child can also change its colors with a single tap. Your little one can choose from blue, green, orange, red and pink.
What’s Great About It: Dino Dragon is packed with long-lasting LED lights that can make your child’s evening more magical.
Why Buy Dragon Toys?
- A great way to improve creativity. Toys are meant to give a fun-filled experience to kids. They are also made to enhance creativity.Whether your little one is creating a fantasy tale of their own, or they are re-enacting a movie, dragon toys make for the perfect creative companion.
- Playing with them creates a bonding moment for you and your kid. Playing with your kids is a surefire way to help you develop your relationship.This becomes more special if there are good props involved, as it means you can interact and create stories together.
- Good for socializing skills. Encourage your kid to share their set of dragon toys, and let them naturally develop their socialization skills.By letting them create fantasy tales of their own together, you are giving your child a good avenue where they could share their ideas with others.
- Role-playing with these toys can be an opportune time to teach moral lessons.As dragon toys can be used to stage different stories, there are plenty of opportunities for you to creatively teach your child important life lessons.
- They are good souvenirs of little one’s childhood years, especially if many treasured moments were created with them.As your kid grows older, it can serve as a fine time machine that transports you straight back to your child’s younger years.
Currently Trending: The Best New Monster High Dolls for Playful Girls
A Few Reminders
Before buying your kid a dragon toy, make sure you keep in mind these important notes.
- Know what your kid really wants. Is it a hyper-realistic action figure, or a fluffy friendly-looking dragon toy? This helps you to save your child from disappointment, and yourself from spending money on something that they don’t want.
- Make sure that what you buy is safe to play with, and is appropriate for your kid’s age. You don’t want to create danger such as choking when introducing your child to a new toy.
- The price should always be right. Be economic and wise when it comes to fulfilling your kid’s needs and wants. This also teaches your child to spend money wisely.
Fun Facts about Dragons
Just in case you might want to enhance your dragon-themed bonding moments with your child, I’ve also rounded up some good-to-know facts about dragons.
- The word “dragon” comes from the Greek word “draconta,” which translates to “to watch”. In ancient literary pieces, these mythical figures are often cited as creatures that watched over a treasure.
- Most dragons are portrayed as serpent and reptile-like. However, these creatures are personified differently. Some are regarded as protectors, others as destroyers.
- Dragons are imagined to exhibit features of real animals. Some have beaks of ancient, predatory birds, while others have claws of a lion.
- Many popular films and books feature dragons, including “The Hobbit,” “Game of Thrones,” “How to Train your Dragon,” and “Dungeons and Dragons.”
Other Ways to Unleash Your Child’s Creativity
If you are seeking alternative ways to unleash your child’s creativity, dragons are the perfect way to do so.
I’ve also listed some few more ways that you can encourage your kid be the most imaginative that they can be.
- Learn a new art form together, like pottery, painting or mastering origami.
- Let them play musical instruments.
- Get crafting and make some do-it-yourself projects together.
- Give them a journal, and let your kid practice the art of writing.
- Decorate or “renovate” their room.
There’s a good reason why dragon toys run aplenty in many children’s’ toy stores. Apart from being a popular mythical figure, their varied sizes and designs are really fun to play with.
Their types range from friendly-looking petite toys, intricately-designed mini action figures, to well-made costumes that are perfect for dragon-themed parties.
If you want to make your kid’s play time extra awesome, you might want to consider buying a set.
I’ve also included some fun facts about dragons, reasons why these items are worth your money, and other ways to unleash your child’s creativity.
I hope this guide will help you decide which one you will give your child. But more importantly, I hope you’ll share more special moments with your child, regardless of the toys you do decide to get for them.