The best kids’ swimming pools on our list are geared towards toddlers from one to three years old, thus their colorful designs, small sizes, and fantastical themes.
We wanted to focus on these swimming pools because younger kids are even tougher customers than their older counterparts in their demands for truly engaging toys.
While inflatable pools geared toward older children, teenagers and adults are more utilitarian in design, the younger kids’ swimming pools are more stimulating in their elements.
When choosing from among these kid-friendly swimming pools, we suggest choosing the one within your kids’ age range. If your child, for example, is just one year old, your best choice may be the Smiley Giraffe by Intex. But no matter your choice, these inflatable pools are great choices for kids to enjoy the summer and beat the heat.
Best Pools for Kids – My Top Choices
Table of Contents
- Best Pools for Kids – My Top Choices
- 1. Intex Dinoland Inflatable Play Center
- 2. Intex Kid’s Summer Sunset Kiddie Pool
- 3. Intex Whale Spray Pool
- 4. Intex Smiley Giraffe Inflatable Baby Pool
- 5. Intex Mermaid Kingdom Inflatable Play Center
- 6. Intex Sea Turtle Shade Inflatable Baby Pool
- 7. Intex Royal Castle Baby Pool
- 8. Recreation Circles Fun Inflatable Pool Set
- 9. Intex Mushroom Baby Pool
- 10. Intex Sun Shade Inflatable Pool
- 11. Intex Inflatable Stars Kiddie 2 Ring Circles Swimming Pool
- What’s Great About It
- What’s Great About It
- How to buy Kids’ Swimming Pools?
- Methodology Behind Choosing these Kiddie Pools
- Inflatable Pools and Child Safety
1. Intex Dinoland Inflatable Play Center
Suitable for: 3 years old and up
Kids love toys with a dinosaur theme, so your kids will definitely love the Dinoland Play Center. The colorful dinosaurs featured are a T-Rex holding a hoop through which balls can be shot, a brontosaurus arching over the slide, and pterodactyl perched on a branch. The inflatable 74 gallon swimming pool also features a short slide and a large pool.
You can also place a garden hose over the arching back of the blue brontosaurus to create a spray effect over the yellow slide. Your kids will love playing with the colorful hoops too. You should be able to fill the pool within 30 minutes or less while the inflation time is also short.
What’s Great About It: Think of it as an affordable water playground for your younger kids. Aside from splashing in the relatively large pool, they can also slide and shoot small balls through the hoop, which develops their physical skills.
- This kids’ swimming pool has a maximum water holding capacity of 74 gallons.
- A short slide is also attached to the swimming pool.
- You can easily attach a garden hose to the swimming pool to create a spray effect to make your child’s playtime more enjoyable.
- The pool is relatively large, so constant adult supervision is necessary.
- Due to the large size of the pool, filling it takes almost half an hour.
2. Intex Kid’s Summer Sunset Kiddie Pool
Suitable for: 2 years old and up
The Summer Sunset may be more utilitarian in design, but kids will love it, nonetheless, for many reasons. The pool consists of three four-inch rings in yellow, green and pink, which are sturdy enough to hold water for splashing around. The floor has a soft and cushioned feel with a quilt-like appearance to ensure optimal protection for delicate bottoms and knees.
The inflation time is also short, usually just 5 minutes or less depending on the pump used, while the deflation time is even shorter. Cleaning the inflatable pool consists of spraying it with water from a hose and letting it air dry before storing it away.
What’s Great About It: We like its simple design that allows older kids to play inside the larger pool area. More pool water toys can also be placed inside so kids can have more fun splashing in it.
- Pool toys with the product are durable and can stand the test of time.
- Within 5 minutes, you can inflate the baby swimming pool.
- The pool floor is ideal for babies as it is cushioned and soft.
- Cleaning the pool by spraying water and drying it in the air takes a lot of time.
- Nothing is exciting about the design of the pool.
3. Intex Whale Spray Pool
Suitable Age: 2 years old and up
What better way to evoke the refreshing coolness of the ocean than with a whale-themed inflatable kiddie pool? The Whale Spray kiddie pool has a blue whale with polka dots, eyes and a smiling face, and a tail up in the air. Just looking at it is a refreshing sight, especially when coupled with the clear water spraying from its tail.
You can connect the tail’s spray feature to a garden hose to create the shower-like effect while your kids splash about inside the pool. You don’t have to worry about deep water since the pool can only hold seven inches of water. But this doesn’t mean that you should leave your kids for prolonged stretches of time without adult supervision while they are in the pool.
What’s Great About It: The clever design from the spray tail to the pool body immediately caught our attention, as it will for your kids, who will quickly learn to love it.
- You can have a shower-like effect by using the pool after connecting the tail’s spray feature with the garden hose.
- The pool holds only 7 inches of water, so you need not worry about accidents.
- Whale shaped design looks magnificent.
- Some users reported the sprayer requires fixing.
- This baby pool’s price is slightly higher than its other counterparts.
4. Intex Smiley Giraffe Inflatable Baby Pool
Suitable for: 1 to 3 years old
Small kids will be safe while splashing about inside the Smiley Giraffe inflatable pool, thanks to its 3 inch water level depth and 4 inch high walls. The giraffe theme is also cute, from the long neck with its three brown polka dots to its smiling giraffe’s head. Even the brown tail is cute, but with a purpose – it can hold the red hoops – while the scalloped handle makes it easy to transport when it has been emptied.
You don’t have to buy new pool toys since the inflatable pool already comes with several noisemakers, aside from the red hoops, for your kid to play with. You can fill up the 14 gallon pool within minutes too.
What We Like about Its Product: We like the colorful yellow-and-brown theme that attracts the eyes, not to mention that you can easily spot it in the backyard, making it a fun feature for your kids.
- Filling up water in the pool takes only a few minutes.
- There is no need to purchase pool toys separately as they come with different types of noisemakers.
- Using the scalloped handle, you can quickly move the pool from one place to another.
- The Wall height is only 4 inches.
- Pool toys need to be sturdy.
5. Intex Mermaid Kingdom Inflatable Play Center
Suitable for: 2 years old and up
The Little Mermaid franchise, featuring Ariel and Flounder, is the main theme of the Mermaid Kingdom pool, so little girls will love it at first sight. Of course, Ariel as Disney imagined isn’t actually featured here, but your young daughter will not likely notice it. Instead, what she will notice is the adorable yellow slide in the middle of the kiddie pool, as well as the two arches with different designs behind and in front of it.
Your daughter can also have a spray effect – just connect a garden hose to its built-in sprayer and voila. You can add a few more pool toys to the colorful balls that are already included. Your child can splash around in the 30 gallon pool, which has a 5 inch water level and 6.5 inch wall height.
What’s Great About It: The 178 pound maximum weight is definitely a big plus, especially when coupled with the durable vinyl. The colorful marine theme is icing on the cake.
- The pool can bear a maximum weight of 178 pounds.
- It comes with some colorful balls that you can use as pool toys.
- You can easily create a spray effect by connecting the built-in sprayer with the garden hose.
- Your son may dislike the Little Mermaid franchise design of the pool.
- It would be best if you were more cautious as the pool can hold more water, and lack of supervision can lead to unfortunate events.
6. Intex Sea Turtle Shade Inflatable Baby Pool
Suitable for: 1 to 3 years old
Even adults will find the Sea Turtle Shade pool both adorable and practical. The blue pool has a marine theme with cute drawings of turtles, fish and octopuses, while its 40 inch diameter and 5 inch wall height allows for a 4 inch water level. This means that a kid as young as a year old can safely play in it, albeit with an adult nearby.
But the green turtle-shaped shade over it is what the parents love most. Even its design has an umbrella-like feel to it with its different sections, while the turtle’s head, tail and limbs add to its realism. The pool and shade are connected by three inflatable clear vinyl connectors with a marine theme too.
What’s Great About It: We like the shade mainly because it provides protection from the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays. But it’s still a must to use the right sun protection products, placing the pool in a shady area, and letting your child use it in the early morning or late afternoon hours in summer.
- The shade is attached to the main body of the pool with three vinyl connectors which makes the product durable.
- The marine theme on the connectors will surely excite your child.
- The diameter of the pool is quite big (40 inches).
- Due to the shape of the sunshade on top of the pool, it does not protect your child fully from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- You should not use it between 10 am to 3 pm.
7. Intex Royal Castle Baby Pool
Suitable for: 1 to 3 years old
Your young prince or princess will like splashing around in the Royal Castle pool simply because it’s a chance to play with water. Even your one year old child can safely splash while on his or her belly thanks to the low 4 inch water level, although adult supervision is still a must. The 4 foot diameter is enough space for one toddler to play with his or her pool toys, such inflatable ducks.
Your water bill shouldn’t skyrocket with its use since the pool only requires 18 gallons of water with each use. You also only need a small space because of its small size. Your worries about your kid’s prolonged exposure to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays can be calmed thanks to the protective castle-like shade over the pool.
What’s Great About It: The colorful castle theme provides visual stimulation for your kids while the shade over the pool is a feature after a parent’s heart.
- The overall design of the pool inspires a child’s imagination.
- You can store it easily after using it due to the pool’s diameter.
- Pool toys will also fit easily inside the castle baby pool.
- Smaller in size compared to other products in this list.
- Your toddler can’t take other friends inside the pool because of the size of the pool.
8. Recreation Circles Fun Inflatable Pool Set
Suitable for: 1 to 2 years old
The Recreation Circles is a two-in-one toy, namely, a hoop-and-ball toy and a kiddie pool all in one. The 20 inch inflatable ring is the hoop to the 20 inch inflatable pool so there’s plenty of fun to be had from using them. The splashing pool with its 10 inch high walls and 28 gallon water capacity can also be filled with pool toys for added fun under the sun.
You can even allow three more children of the same age as your child to play in the pool thanks to its large size. You may even let the kids use the inflatable pool during the colder days of autumn and winter without the water – just place plastic balls into the pool to make it into a ball pen.
What’s Great About It: The large size allows for more uses for it, such as a pool in summer and ball pen in winter so your kids will always have somewhere fun to call their own. The simple design also makes it easy to inflate and deflate, as well as transport and store.
- At once, you can fill 28 gallons of water.
- In winter, you can also use this pool as a ball pen.
- The quickly deflating design makes it easy for the pool to transport and store while not in use.
- The color scheme of the walls of the pool could look more attractive.
- Not suitable for children aged more than 2.
9. Intex Mushroom Baby Pool
Suitable for: 1 to 3 years old
Red, blue and yellow are primary colors that kids are immediately attracted to. It’s no wonder that the mushroom-themed inflatable pool is a hit with them, while the mushroom head-shaped shade is a hit with the parents.
Keep in mind that toddlers shouldn’t be exposed to the sun’s harmful ultraviolet rays, especially from 10 A.M. to 2 P.M. when the sun is at its strongest in summer.
You can fill up the inflatable pool, which has a 12 gallon capacity, within minutes. Your toddler can then play safely in it since the water level is only up to 4 inches. Again, an adult should be nearby since drowning, even in an inch of water, has been known to happen, especially among toddlers.
What’s Great About It: The colorful mushroom shape introduces a new concept while the vibrant colors can be used in teaching kids about these colors.
- You can fill the water effortlessly in the pool.
- The water level rises to a maximum height of 4 inches which helps in preventing any unfortunate events.
- The colorful mushroom design of the pool will attract your child.
- There needs to be more than the height of the side walls to hold water when children jump and play in the pool.
- Children above the age of 3 cannot use the product.
10. Intex Sun Shade Inflatable Pool
Suitable for: 2 years old and up
The Sun Shade is just as its name says it is – the entire pool area is actually covered with an inflatable shade. The simple blue-and-white scheme is complemented by the riot of colors depicting a wide range of marine animals on the pool rings. The colorful drawings showing pink whales, violet octopuses, and yellow, orange and lilac fish can also be used in teaching kids about these creatures.
As many as four toddlers can fit into the pool thanks to its 62 inch width on all four sides. Wading, splashing and even “swimming” on their bellies can be done because of the 8 inch water level. The 9.5 inch wall height is deep enough to hold the water inside the pool, even with four kids playing in it.
What’s Great About It: We like the umbrella-like canopy to protect your kids from the sun’s rays. The large size also means that more kids can play in it, unlike many inflatable pools that only accommodate 1 to 2 kids at a time.
- There is a sunshade over the pool, so your child will not receive any direct sunlight while in the kiddie pool.
- Children can only submerge themselves up to the belly level.
- You can use the colorful drawings on the side of the pool to educate your kid about marine animals.
- The side walls need to be stronger.
- The height of the sunshade is relatively low.
11. Intex Inflatable Stars Kiddie 2 Ring Circles Swimming Pool
A cheerful-looking pool for your kid to enjoy in the scorching heat of summer. The structure looks simple yet attractive. As you can guess by the product’s name, two tire-like systems form the mainframe of the kiddie pool. The product is ideal for children who are more than two years old. You can inflate the swimming pool within minutes, and filling the water takes very little time. The pool can hold up to 40 gallons of water. Your kid will not fall out of the pool, which may lead to accidents due to the presence of 7-inch walls.
What’s Great About It
No harmful materials for children are used while making the pool. After using it, you can deflate the pool within a short period. Along with the pool, you will also get pool toys, such as balls and rings, to enhance your child’s swimming experience. Designs on the outer side of the kiddie pool will also attract your child.
- Presence of repair patch with the product.
- Guaranteed safety because of the high side walls.
- Beach ball and swim rings make the play time for your child fun.
- Materials used in the making of the pool need to be more durable.
- Some users complain that they met with difficulties while inflating the pool.
12. Intec Snorkel Buddies Snapset Pool
Ideal swimming pool for your kids to defeat the heat of the summer. This pool is entirely made of plastic, and both little boys and girls will enjoy playing in it. This pool is ideal for children above the age of 3. You can fill up to 12 gallons of water inside the pool. You can fill the water quickly inside the pool within 20 minutes after setting up the pool with the help of a garden hose pipe. Several boys and girls are snorkeling on the outer part of the pool walls. You can encourage your child’s adventurous side with the help of this attractive design.
What’s Great About It
The kiddie pool is available at a lower price of just 12 USD. Still, it guarantees the same amount of fun for your child. The entire body is made of plastic, making moving from one place to another effortless. More than one kid can remain inside the pool at once without you worrying about the load that the pool can take.
- The round plastic body looks simple yet attractive.
- Filling time is less compared to its other counterparts.
- The round shape of the pool will surely enhance the playing experience of the kids.
- The pool can receive holes and cracks due to extensive use.
- The product does not come with any pool toys.
How to buy Kids’ Swimming Pools?
Consider certain things before purchasing a swimming pool for your child.
- Price: It would be best if you always remain within your budget. Going over budget should not be an option as your child will not use it after a certain period when they grow up. So be reasonable and choose the product in this category wisely.
- Quality: Attractive colors and designs of the product are only some of them. You should always keep the quality of the product first. Ensure that the materials used in the making of the swimming pool are not harmful in any way to your child.
- Reviews: Before selecting the swimming pool for your child, always read the customer reviews online. Doing so will help you better understand the products available in the category. You can compare products depending on factors such as ease of inflation, water filling time, and others.
- Durability: You, as a parent, need to check whether the materials used in the making are durable. One thing that should always be on the list of making materials is thick vinyl which helps maintain structural integrity.
Ques. How do I keep my child safe in a kiddie pool?
Ans. Safety is one of the parents’ most significant concerns when buying anything for their children. You can ensure theory safety by setting rules for your little ones. Let your child use the pool only when an adult is around. Prevent them from horseplaying around the water-filled pool. Teach them not to consume the pool water. You can avoid unfortunate events involving your child in a kiddie pool by doing everything mentioned above.
Ques. How long can I leave my kid in a kiddie pool?
Ans. We recommend that you stay with your kid for a short period. Disaster doesn’t take time to occur. Keep supervising your child all the time when he is inside the pool. If you have to go somewhere urgently, take your kid out of the pool or tell someone else to keep an eye on them. But never leave your kid alone in a kiddie pool.
Methodology Behind Choosing these Kiddie Pools
We recognize the importance of recommending the safest inflatable pools for toddlers where parents are concerned. We then chose our top 10 pools using the following criteria:
- Attractive designs with vibrant colors and familiar themes, such as the Little Mermaid, castles, and turtles, so that your kids will be encouraged to play in them
- Durable materials and construction, such as thick vinyl (the higher the gauge, the better), multiple air compartments for structural integrity, and sturdy connections between the parts
- Ease of inflation and deflation, as well as ease in cleaning the interior and exterior surfaces
- Slides, sprayers and shades, as well as pool toys are a great plus too, since these add to the fun of using the inflatable pools
Of course, we also considered the overall safety of the inflatable pools. We also looked at the depth of the water, so that even a one-year old child can safely splash in the inflatable pool.
Inflatable Pools and Child Safety
Even with a shallow water depth, such as 4 inches, the risk of drowning is still present. Parents should always adopt safety measures to ensure that their toddlers enjoy being in the pool while staying safe. In fact, adult supervision is a must when toddlers are in inflatable pools filled with water since they can drown in as little as an inch of water.
But that’s not all. Small inflatable pools are also hotbeds of diseases since kids can be in contact with, and even swallow, the germs in unclean pool water. These germs can include the E. coli, Shigella, and Crypto, which causes a wide range of diseases, many of which can be fatal for toddlers with their developing immune systems.
For this reason, safety measures should be adopted before, during and after use of the inflatable pools. These include not allowing sick kids to use the inflatable pools with other kids, giving your children a soap shower before swimming, and instructing them not to swallow the pool water. The pools should also be drained of water, disinfected, and allowing it to dry before leaving it in the sun for a few hours, at the very least.
Ques. How do you keep a kiddie pool clean?
Ans. It would be best if you cleaned the pool regularly to prevent the spread of germs. First, you need to get rid of the water present in the pool. After that, clean any sign of debris from the pool surface. After that, spray fresh water to rinse the dirt away and dry the pool under air and sunlight. This rinsing and drying is the best way of cleaning a pool after using it for a few days. Don’t use sharp objects to clean the pool, as they can damage the overall structure.
Ques. How do you store a kiddie pool?
Ans. Most kiddie pool owners need help storing the swimming pool after using it. Well, there is a simple solution to your problem. After cleaning the kiddie pool:
- Deflate the structure.
- Take a large trash bin and put the deflated swimming pool into that.
- Fold the frame properly and close the lid to prevent the entry of dust and dirt particles inside the container.
Water is not just for washing your baby (of course with organic products, wherever possible), it can also be a source of great fun for your children.
We hope that our guide to the best kids’ swimming pools has enlightened parents who only want the best for their toddlers, and that you will now be able to pick the best swimming pool for your little one.