Nowadays, kids are less likely to engage in creative play because of the availability of handheld gaming devices. Electronic gadgets are highly engaging and attractive to kids, but creative play is just as important today as it ever was before.
[sc name=”Best Magnetic Toys Text Links Code v1″]
Toy manufacturers have taken notice and created innovative toys to once again engage today’s kids in imaginative play. Basic building blocks still offer lots of fun, but recently I have come across magnetic toys and loved them.
With these toys, kids can use their creativity to build with magnetic blocks, while experiencing a little bit of science. Magnets have always been fascinating, so smart toy developers have combined this fascination with our creative spirit. The result: magnetic toys.
What’s So Great about Magnetic Toys?
Magnetic toys come in all shapes and sizes. They are, in essence, magnetic building blocks that kids can use to construct whatever takes their fancy. During play, kids can assemble stunning constructions while discovering the use of magnets – science and creativity combined.
What’s more, these magnetic toys are easy to work with because they stick together. Even small children are able to construct the most magnificent buildings, and adults are just as fascinated.
I was just as happy to play with them as my kids were, and so were the grandparents. Everyone had fun, and everyone created something amazing.
To me, magnetic toys are among the best toys when it comes to stimulating creativity, and I would advise any parent to go out and purchase some. But what’s available and where do you start? Well, that’s where this article comes in.
I’ve compiled a list of the best magnetic toys to make choosing easier for you. Let’s look at my top magnetic toys.
The Best Magnetic Toys
[sc name=”Best Magnetic Toys Table Code v1″]
The following selection features a variety of magnetic toys for different age groups and in different price brackets. I’ve aimed to provide choices that will cater to everyone’s needs and budget.
Table of Contents
- What’s So Great about Magnetic Toys?
- The Best Magnetic Toys
- 1. DreambuilderToy 120 PCS Creative Magnetic Building Block Set
- 2. Picasso Tiles 100 Piece Set
- 3. Dream Builder Toy Magnetic Tiles 40 pc set
- 4. Magna-Tiles Clear Color Set
- 5. HOMOFY 124 PCS Castle Magnetic Blocks
- 6. CPSYUB UPGRADED PIECES MAGNETS SCULPTURE BUILDING BLOCKS TOYS
- 7. SGILE Large Magnetic Doodle Board
- 8. Magnetic Personalities – Original Wooly Willy
- 9. 7TECH Magnetic Drawing Board
- 10. Melissa & Doug Abby and Emma Deluxe Magnetic Wooden Dress-Up Dolls Play Set
- 11. BINZKBB Light Magnetic Tiles Building Blocks
- 12. Hiwawind Magnetic Blocks Toddlers Toys
- 13. ButterflyEduFields Magnetic Alphabets and Numbers
- 14. RITONS 64 PCS Magnetic Balls and Rods Building Sticks Blocks Set
- 15. Magnetic Building Tiles, 48pcs Colorful 3D Transparent Magnet Building Blocks Set
- How to Choose the Best Magnetic Toy for Your Child
1. DreambuilderToy 120 PCS Creative Magnetic Building Block Set
This set of blocks and shapes comes with all the pieces to make different structures, including cars, a ferris wheel or whatever your child can imagine. The tiles are made of high quality magnets and this set comes with instructions for all of the creation options. This specific set of magnetics is fun because it comes with different types of shapes like triangles and various types of blocks as well as letters and numbers blocks.
The letters and numbers cards are not magnetic but can inserted into the magnetic squares and used for educational purposes. The building blocks encourage your child’s creativity, brain development and critical thinking skills.
What’s Great About It: We like the versatility of the magnetic toys. They can be included with other sets and all the pieces are valuable on their own. This is a great addition to your child’s toy collection due to its ability to be used for so many different experiences.
- A good toy for creative little minds.
- It is easy to connect and store magnetic tiles by simply stacking them.
- Strong magnets to construct sturdy structures.
- This product can expose you to some chemicals.
- The tiles are a little weak on the magnetic side.
More in Easels: Best Easels For Kids In 2023
2. Picasso Tiles 100 Piece Set
I checked out this set because it has won so many awards, and the descriptions looked great too. The Picasso tiles are suitable for kids aged 3 and above, and adults will love them just as much.
When I got them, I wasn’t disappointed. In fact, this is, without a doubt, one of the best magnetic toy sets out there. You get 100 different colored tiles in different shapes.
With them, you can either follow the instructions in the manual to build amazing towers, houses, and pieces of art; or you can let your own creative juices flow and build your own work of art. In my house, everyone wanted to play with these tiles.
The kids loved them because the magnets are strong and it’s easy to create something amazing. In the process, they learned about art, architecture, engineering, and magnetic polarity, all while having lots of fun.
The shapes include two different sizes of squares and a variety of triangles in different colors.
Perhaps the only problem with this set is that if you have a few kids playing together, they’ll soon run out of tiles. In my house, we could probably use a second set at this point.
What’s Great About It: The Picasso tiles develop your child’s creativity, as well as teach them about architecture, engineering, magnetism, and art. Again, the possibilities are endless, and you’ll have many hours of fun.
- Children can acquire a strong sense of color and geometrical shapes, including 3D forms, numbers, counts, magnetic polarities, and architectural design.
- No limitations; it is scalable to build as big as desired by adding more pieces to create the masterpiece.
- The edges of the tiles might be a little sharp.
- The magnets might snap suddenly, grabbing the skin or fingers.
3. Dream Builder Toy Magnetic Tiles 40 pc set
These blocks are great for your child’s motor skills as well as for educational purposes. This set is smaller with only 40 pieces so it is great for trips or to have in the car. Children love the diverse options that you can use these blocks to create. Also, this version is cheaper than in store options.
These blocks will keep your child occupied and intrigued with the different ways they all fit together. From circles to squares to all types of inventions the 40 piece set of triangles and squares is such a fun way for your child to play.
There’s no limit to what you can build with this set, especially seeing as the magnets are really strong. During play, your kids learn spatial awareness, construction, and much more.
What’s Great About It: These magnets are the perfect size for your child’s small hands, it will help with their dexterity and allow them to pick up and put together with ease. As they grow they will learn better motor skills by arranging these magnets in all different ways.
- The magnetic building blocks could encourage kids to creativity, brain development, and critical thinking.
- They are made in Standard size.
- Helps develop engineering, basic geometry, and architecture skills.
- Fewer tiles.
- Limited structure
More in Building Toys: Best Building Toys For Kids In 2023
4. Magna-Tiles Clear Color Set
Generally, Magna Tiles are more expensive than other brands. Most users agree that these tiles are more durable and the magnets are stronger.
This set is comparable to the Picasso Tile Set as it also features flat tiles in different shapes. You get a selection of triangles and squares as well, with 100 pieces altogether.
You can create 2D masterpieces or 3D out-of-this-world constructions and needn’t worry about the construction falling under its own weight.
The manufacturer claims that the superior magnets used are rare and hard to refine. This makes Magna Tiles more expensive than the competitors.
Overall, the quality is good; however, I’m not sure if the price is justified.
You can add to this set and buy other shapes of Magna Tiles to expand your building scope.
What’s Great About It: With this set, you get a good variety of components so that you can build any type of construction or work of art.
- Helps your child develop important math, science, spatial and tactile skills.
- The tile set is safe, durable, and built to last for years of quality use.
- Not for children under 3 yrs as it is small and children can choke it.
- Not sturdy.
5. HOMOFY 124 PCS Castle Magnetic Blocks
This pretty set is great for young girls who are interested in building and putting things together. It is great to get your child away from screens and using their hands. This magnet set comes with 103 pieces and are colored blue, purple, pink and yellow. They have round edges with no sharpness so you don’t have to worry about your child’s safety.
This set includes all different shapes, from triangles to hexagons and wheels. They will learn their shapes as they practice building different structures with these magnets. This set comes with a carrying case and a booklet that provides you with instructions on building different shapes.
What’s Great About It: This is a great gift option because it is great for kid’s but also can be used into teenage years, it matures with your child. They will continue to see the fun in building with these magnets, it is a great investment that your child will enjoy for a long time to come.
- Kids can create kinds of 2D plane shapes or 3D geometric structures.
- They are very durable and easy to clean.
- Blocks are sized just right and easy to use.
- Fewer tiles.
- There is no way to build something even half the size of the structure pictured.
6. CPSYUB UPGRADED PIECES MAGNETS SCULPTURE BUILDING BLOCKS TOYS
Fidget spinners used to be all the rage for entertaining your child and keeping their hands busy. These little magnets will do the trick like a fidget spinner but keep your child entertained for longer and have them coming back again and again to build with these small magnetic balls. This toy is better for kids who are older and can understand the harm of putting small objects in their mouth, so keep these away from toddlers.
The small magnet balls can be formed together in any shape and the colors will create exciting object that your child will enjoy putting together. These magnetic balls are denser than you would assume but they are good for your kids to practice using their hands and building, it gets them in the perfect creative space!
What’s Great About It: These are a great stress reliever for kids. If they ever feel anxious or have moments of sadness they will begin to play with these and feel relaxed. Parents love how calming these magnets can be.
- It is easy to carry so you can take it anywhere
- Improve the intelligence and imagination of a child
- It is safe to buy.
- Not for children under 3 yrs as it is small and children can choke it.
- A little expensive.
More in Gadgets: Cool Gadgets For Kids To Discover Something Exciting
7. SGILE Large Magnetic Doodle Board
This sketch pad has four vivid colors that will excite your child to draw over and over again. There is a convenient eraser slider that gets everything off quickly for your child to be able to start their artistic journey all over. Whether you use this to help them with their homework or something to entertain your child as you ride in the car, this diverse drawing board is the perfect addition to your child’s toy collection.
The magnetic pen is attached by string so you don’t have to worry about your child losing it. There are also three geometric stamps, a square, a circle and a triangle to increase the enjoyment and learning for your son or daughter.
What’s Great About It: This magnetic toy is portable and easy for your child to carry around. It is a great option for learning on the go, as well as a clean and fun way for them to draw or practice numbers or letters.This is an amazing toy for a teenager, of which there are not many. Adults will also love this set just as much.
- The drawing area provides much space for toddlers to express their artistic imagination.
- With high-quality ABS and PS plastic construction, the drawing board is Non-BPA with rounded edges, and a curved pen tip prevents your kid from potential injuries.
- Not strong material
- The eraser lever is cheap and keeps getting dislodged.
8. Magnetic Personalities – Original Wooly Willy
I felt compelled to include Original Wooly Willy, even though this set is rather limited in its use. With it, you don’t get tiles or building components. Instead, you get a picture of a bald man in what resembles a picture frame.
There’s magnetic sand inside the frame. Using a metal wand, you pull the magnetic sand to give the poor bald man a full head of hair, perhaps a moustache, or a full beard. At the side, you see different pictures of the man with different hair styles. Your child’s job is to replicate them.
We had such a laugh with Wooly Willy! And although your kids won’t learn anything about geometry, architecture or engineering, they’ll have lots of fun. This is an old school type of toy, which is just as good today as when it was first launched all those years ago.
What’s Great About It: Even though this is not a very educational toy, your kids will have lots of fun playing with it, and it’s available at an exceptional price.
- The package is all self-contained, so your child can create any art anywhere.
- You can draw on the card flat, then tilt the frame to start over again.
- Dozens of designs are possible that practice your artistic talents.
- The magnet pieces can come out of the plastic box.
- The magnet tool isn’t strong enough to draw neatly.
9. 7TECH Magnetic Drawing Board
Magnetic drawing boards have also been available for many years and they have great entertainment value during long car rides.
Kids can draw and doodle on the magnetic surface with the attached pen, then erase, and start over again. This board comes with imaginative stamps and a convenient handle, so it’s perfect for on-the-go creative fun.
Suitable for kids aged 3 and over, a magnetic drawing board is still one of the must-have toys that should feature in every child’s life.
What’s Great About It: I loved my magnetic drawing board when I was a little girl, and my kids love theirs just as much. It’s simple yet still provides the scope for fun and creativity.
- Easy to use and carry.
- No more disorganized tiles, so mess-free learning.
- Kids can draw and write on the pad and erase it easily.
- Helps in cultivating a drawing hobby in children.
- The erasing feature might not be that smooth.
- Not strong material.
10. Melissa & Doug Abby and Emma Deluxe Magnetic Wooden Dress-Up Dolls Play Set
Last, but by no means least, I am going to include a magnetic doll set. This is a great toy for any little girl.
With this 55-piece set, you get Abby and Emma, two wooden dolls, and lots of magnetic, stick-on clothing items. Mix and match outfits to create stunning fashion and have hours of fun doing it.
Your child can dress up the 8-inch dolls with tops, shoes, pants, hats, or fancy dresses, and gather up all the pieces in a beautiful wooden tray, featuring lots of different compartments. They will enjoy playing dress up while developing their fine motor skills, color combinations, and creativity.
What’s Great About It: Simplicity is the key again here, and my little girl adored this set, and so did I.
- The dress-up doll set promotes a variety of developmental abilities, including creativity, hand-eye coordination, and the ability to recognize patterns and colors.
- Choose from hundreds of possible doll outfit combinations.
- None of their attire is tied to a particular career; it is just fashion.
11. BINZKBB Light Magnetic Tiles Building Blocks
This educational magnetic toy is a successful interactive tool for parents and young children. It is normally used for entertaining one or more people to share a sense of accomplishment. It is an excellent gift for boys and girls aged 3 to 12 for any occasion, such as a birthday or Christmas present. The dark magnetic tile, colorful shapes like pipes, colorful lighted balls, and some amusing number and alphabet stickers can be combined in countless inventive ways. Kids can use them to create their own 2D or 3D models according to their imaginations.
What’s Great About It: Its new upgrade design, magnet tiles, and the colorful ball can roll up and down the track quickly. Magnetic tiles are easy to assemble and take apart. Kids can also build into various small 2D shapes.
- A bigger magnet with a stronger magnetic force.
- To avoid scratching, the structure is designed with bevels.
- The magnet is not strong, and the tiles are not calibrated
- A little Expensive.
12. Hiwawind Magnetic Blocks Toddlers Toys
Children of all ages may learn important life skills with Gel Cubes educational toys while having fun playing educational games that stimulate the brain. Because tiles can be used with other magnet blocks, children can imagine and construct elaborate structures. It’s a great gift for children aged 3 to 10. Kids may need a week or two to develop the balance ability to use LEGOs, but once they do, they will wow you with thousands of constructions created entirely on their own.
What’s Great About It: The magnetic building tiles are simple to assemble, take apart, and store. Its strong magnets allow it to build solid structures. Both boys and girls can be attracted to the tiles’ vibrant colors.
- Its material is Ultradurable, antiswallow and waterproof
- Children can use imagination, creativity, patience, colors, patterns, mathematics, magnetism, art, and innovative ideas to play.
- Kids need time to adapt to Gel Cubes’ play
- A little expensive.
13. ButterflyEduFields Magnetic Alphabets and Numbers
Magnetic Numbers and the Alphabet Make spelling knowledge stick in your child’s mind with the Magnetic Letters Set for Kids. This package includes 50 illustrations of household items and animals. The vibrant pictures include people, vehicles, animals, and more. It improves fine motor abilities, hand-eye coordination, attention span, and focus early reading skills. It has several original ways to play so that young children can engage in useful activities at home. Both boys and girls can use it. A to Z is just the beginning of the alphabet and word-building games; they can play different games such as “guess my word,” “anagrams, word building,” “puzzles,” “number games,” etc.
What’s Great About It: This is a soft product that is safe for children. The magnetic pieces come in five kid-friendly, brightly colored soft foam pieces that are ASTM F963 (American), EN71 (European), and BIS (India) compliant.
- It is made of Nontoxic material.
- Easy to read and learn.
- Good Material quality.
- The magnet is not very strong.
- All 74 pieces are not magnetic.
14. RITONS 64 PCS Magnetic Balls and Rods Building Sticks Blocks Set
Kids can create a variety of interesting magnetic shapes. With these vibrant magnetic building blocks for kids, you can create a younger environment, produce more work, and broaden your options. A good selection of STEM-related educational toys for boys and girls aged 3 to 8. It’s the perfect gift for children between the ages of 3 and 9. This set of large magnetic balls and sticks is ideal for children. This set is also appropriate for school and kindergarten. Undoubtedly, the best educational tool for kids is a set of magnetic blocks. The gift item is strong and long-lasting as well. You can build a three-level tower that can be picked up with the magnetic ball at the top and will not break apart.
What’s Great About It: It keeps the children busy while improving their puzzle-solving skills, creativity, and imagination. By helping kids construct various models with these magnetic blocks, including cars, houses, animals, alphabets, and other things, they might imagine different worlds.
- These are compatible with Manga Manga tiles.
- Magnet quality is good.
- The edges of the tiles are smoothened out to prevent injuries and are made from high-quality, non-toxic, and odor-free materials.
- The color is not as shown in the product images.
- Doesn’t have a storage box.
15. Magnetic Building Tiles, 48pcs Colorful 3D Transparent Magnet Building Blocks Set
For kids to freely use their imaginations, there are enough magnets in the 86 pieces that make up the magnetic tiles. They can construct a robot, a dinosaur, or a majestic castle, and there are even more shapes available for you to design many things. Children over the age of three can use this magnet to learn until they reach the primary stage of developing fundamental spatial sense, and children aged six to eight can use it to design their own fantasy setting!
Your child’s hand-brain coordination, capacity for designing three-dimensional spaces, logical reasoning, and ability to successfully replace iPad and computer games can all be improved with the Magnet Tiles Set. It will also make their childhood more enjoyable.
What’s Great About It: The magnetic block is composed of high-quality plastic and geomagnetic material. It also has great pressure resistance, abrasion resistance, and drop resistance. Utilize the storage bag to easily assemble the strewn magnet blocks so that you can play the game whenever you want.
- Educational and creative for children’s mental growth.
- Excellent Material and Service.
- Easy to clean, after a play, you can gather them quickly and store them in the complimentary storage box.
- The magnetic tiles could be scratched or damaged.
- The squares are smaller and flimsier.
How to Choose the Best Magnetic Toy for Your Child
If you are trying to choose the best magnetic toy for your child, think back to the selections above. There are four types of magnetic toys, namely :
- Tiles Sets: Suitable for kids aged 3 and older, though more suitable for kids above the age of 7. These are designed to teach kids spatial awareness, inspire creativity, and expose them to art, architecture, geometry, and much more.
- Open Tile Sets: Most suitable for kids aged 3 to 10 because they are easier for smaller hands to work with. They are sturdy and durable, very educational, and particularly suitable for prolonged play.
- Fun Sets: Similar to the Wooly Willy set, these are designed for short-term fun.
- Magnetic Dress-Up Sets: Perfect for small kids who like to play dress up. These sets provide hours of fun, even on the go.
- Magnetic Drawing Boards: Most suitable for kids aged 3 to 10, andgreat for traveling.
- Teenager/Adult Sets: Ideal for teenagers and adults, these sets are not suitable for kids below the age of 14 because the magnets are very small.
You will have to choose a set for your child by looking at the options and choosing according to your child’s age and interests. In addition, your choice will depend on whether you want to provide lasting, educational, and creative play or just to keep your child busy for a short time.
The large building component sets have the most to offer in terms of inspiring creative play, but the fun sets and drawing boards can be just as entertaining.
Your budget will also come into play, though I’d like to emphasize that all of the featured toys above deliver great value for the money.
I have thoroughly enjoyed testing out all of the different magnetic toys and so have my kids. All of them offered something special. Each toy inspired our creativity. When kids play creatively, they can discover new skills. They can experiment with shapes, colors, and spaces first hand.
During play, they become more confident and learn about basic physics, magnetic polarity, architecture, art, engineering, and much more.
It’s particularly amazing to see your child create something unexpected, something that they wouldn’t have thought possible. The joy and boost in confidence are invaluable.
Playing together is just as much fun, and all of the sets are perfect for group play. Kids learn to design, plan, and construct together, each making an important contribution in the process.
I would highly recommend magnetic toys. They combine various elements of learning, creativity, fun, and collaboration.