Best Toys for 7 Year Old Girls in 2021
Girls love gifts, but trying to figure out what to get a 7-year-old girl may seem like an impossible feat. Have no fear, we found the best options in practically every category to find the right gift for the little girl in your life. We spent exhaustive hours searching the internet for the right gifts to save you time and money. Start shopping!
Gifts & Toys to Consider for Your 7 Year Old Girl
1. Apples to Apples Game
Apples to Apples is a simple to learn, easy to play, learning game both children and adults will love. The game provides tons of laughter as each player takes turns choosing an adjective and the other players need to provide a noun to best match the adjective. Trust us, the results are hilarious!
With this game, a killer whale can be cuddly, and a grandpa can be fuzzy. In the 7-years and up version, all of the words are applicable to young children learning to read. It comes with 288 cards, including green adjectives and red nouns, for thousands of engaging combinations ready to help children improve their vocabulary
- Learning game
- Inspires imagination
- Improves vocabulary
- Tons of laughter
- Easy to learn
- Can play with large group
- Comes with 288 cards
- Includes a box
- Tons of cards for children to scatte
- Requires organization to put away
- No pictures on the cards
2. Best Choice Products 52in Giant Plush Unicorn Stuffed Animal
Girls love the imaginative benefits of mythical creatures, and none are better than unicorns with their impressive and magical horns. This particular model, The Best Choice Giant Unicorn Plush, comes with a cotton candy coat of fur in shades of pink, purple, and blue with rainbow accents on the hoofs, horns, ears, and color. The best part is the unicorn is gigantic!
At 52 x 17.25 x 17-inches, this soft and cuddly companion measures large enough to serve as a pillow for cuddling. Its best for children ages three and up as it’s so oversized. Now children can enjoy magical afternoons reading with their buddy, planning daring escapades, and learning all the secrets of these mystical beasts.
- Imaginative play
- Fun colors
- Measures 52 x 17.25 x 17
- Large enough to use as a pillow
- Extra stuffing for plushness
- Slightly pricy
- May shed at first
3. American Girl WellieWishers Kendall Doll
American Girl dolls are a staple in the homes of young girls and now come with a much prettier price tag. The American Girl Kendall Doll comes with deep brown skin and along with curly black hair. Her outfit includes bright colors and festive designs of polka dots and strips. She even comes with wellie boots in a bright floral pink.
The doll measures 14.5 inches and is just right for carrying around as a companion as Kendall is creative, with a penchant for drawing and inventing. If your daughter loves this well-crafted doll, you can buy more or purchase outfits and other accessories to increase the fun for her posable limbs and stylish pigtails.
- Imagination play
- High-quality materials
- Festive clothing
- Quality style-able hair
- 14.5 inches tall
- Comes with wellie boots
- Whimsical accessories available separately
- African American
- Original American Girl Doll
- Posable limbs
- A few customers received defective dolls
- Smaller than the pricier 18-inch American Girl Dolls
- Still expensive and you are paying for the name
4. Romy's Collection Princess Cinderella Costume Party Dress-up Set
Many little girls dream of a life as a princess because they don’t know yet about the many rules and guidelines princesses must endure. Your little royal girl can dress up in full princess garb. Spur on a desire for royal life with this elegant costume and help your girls desire a life of edict and charm.
The set comes with one brilliant shimmery dress, a pair of long gloves, a crown, necklace, earrings, and royal wand. You get a few choices, too, with tons of colors and sizes. The gown comes with tons of lace, belled sleeves, tulle, and elegance for a true cinderella experience.
- Comes with one gown and gloves
- Includes accessories including a tiara, wand, necklace, and earrings
- Stretchy velvet bodice
- Beautifully decorated floor-length gown
- Non-itching and high-quality fabric
- Perfect for dress-up
- Imaginative play
- Multiple colors and sizes
- Sequins and glitter may fall off around your house
- Slightly expensive but because of high-quality
5. LEGO Disney Princess Elsa's Magical Ice Palace 43172 Toy Castle
Give your child the gift of imaginative and learning with the epic LEGO Disney Princess Elsa’s Magical Ice Palace. Your daughter can keep up the princess act as she builds a castle fit for Anna and Elsa. Add in all your other favorite characters with over 700 pieces, and your daughter will send hours learning important STEM skills and enjoying imaginative play.
The sparkling ice palace includes a revolving staircase and a sliding bridge to play along with the movies. Once built, it measures 12 x 11 x 7 inches for tons and tons of ice fun. Kids can also build a snow monster and little sleds too for even more imaginative play.
- STEM Toy
- Imagination play
- Over 700 pieces
- For ages six and up
- Includes character pieces
- Comes with fun extras
- Great for group play
- Teaches architecture and other skills
- Includes instructions with pictures
- Quality toy won’t break
- Hurts like broken glass if stepped on
- No storage container included
- Tons of pieces for children to lose
6. MindWare Paint Your Own Stone: Box Turtle
Young girls love to paint and create art, and the Mindware Paint, Your Own Stone Box Turtle, provides a safe and fun way to increase their skills and help them learn patience and the benefit of taking the time and doing something right. Girls currently love turtles thanks to the whole VSCO ordeal with their older sisters and babysitters.
The set includes 12 paints, a paintbrush, and a color guide. Furthermore, the turtle itself is made of stone for durability. Next, you can enjoy the turtle for years as decoration for your yard or even as a doorstop, making it a very useful addition to your home. Finally, the turtle measures 7 x 6 inches with tons of cute curves and shapes to increase the painting experience.
- Creative play
- Comes with 12 acrylic paints and a brush
- It’s a mosaic, so tons of spots to paint
- Works as a decoration or a doorstop
- Made of stone
- Multiple options
- Cute design
- Includes a color guide and planning template
- Teaches patience
- Weighs 2.5 pounds
- Paint can be messy
- Breakable but won’t shatter
7. No Nasties ~ All-Natural Kids Makeup Set
Some little girls adore makeup and cannot wait for the day to try on all of your products. Now you can use NO Nasties All-Natural Kids Makeup Set. Yes, you will pay a little more for this set, but the makeup is completely non-toxic and 100% natural! The Australian brand leads the way in non-creepy ingredient makeup for children.
The set comes with a box, powder eye shadows, a blush, two lip balms, a sponge applicator, and a double-sided brush. You even get a sheet of transferable tattoos. Everything comes in shades of pink and purple perfect for little diva girls. Finally, the ingredients, including only stuff that will not harm your little baby’s skin.
This All Natural Spa Lab by SmartLab Toys is the perfect kit to give her, because it allows her to create her very own spa treatments from scratch.
- All-natural ingredients
- Comes with eight pieces
- Includes brushes
- Has eye shadow, blush, and lip balm
- Includes organic beeswax and nourishing oils for ingredients
- Powder makeup can be messy
- Only comes in ultra-girly shades
8. Gazigo Children Princess Waterproof PU Backpack
In first and second grade, little girls are hard on backpacks. They may have already ruined the one you bought them at the beginning of the school year! Instead of patching holes, try the adorable Gazigo Children Princess Waterproof PU Backpack with a spare bag for dance class.
The set comes with one backpack and a tote bag in a festive mint color with gold and pink accents. No other girl at school will have a similar bag nor with waterproof material to prevent damage or dirt. It’s perfect for sleepovers, school, or traveling.
- Comes with two bags a backpack and a tote
- Tons of details and design features
- Accents in pink and gold
- Choose from multiple colors including pink, blue, mint, and purple
- Water-resistant and easy to clean
- Quality PU leather for long life
- Helps organize with tons of pockets
- Has a spot for water bottle
- Comfort straps with adjustability
- Breathable back
- Zippers for easy access
- Unique so won’t get lost as quickly
- A small percentage of customers complained about the quality
- Cheap zipper
9. Fashion Plates Deluxe Kit
With Kahootz Fashion Plate Deluxe Kits, girls become fashion designers while learning to draw with templates. The whole set comes in a handy carry case with pencils too. They get 15 fashion plates to mix and match fashions, 20 sheets of paper, 2 rubbing crayons, a crayon holder, and 8 colored pencils. All this goes in the drawing tablet for easy use.
- Includes all the supplies needed and carrying case
- Promotes imagination, planning, and designing
- Pretty colors
- Easy to use
- Tons of combinations
- Great learning tool
- Pieces are easy to lose
- Not many colored pencils or paper included
- The older version was better
10. Magic Tree House 12 Book Set Books 1-12
Give your girl the gift of reading with a set of books designed to spur creativity, imagination, and vocabulary. The set comes with 12 Magic Tree House Books written by Mary Pope Osborne. Short chapter books with some pictures help children to transfer out of picture books and to chapter books gradually.
Includes the first twelve books with everything from dinosaurs to knights for engaging plots ready to keep kids turning pages. Each book is short and perfect for reading out loud. Perfect for younger siblings too.
- Encourages reading
- Teaches vocabulary
- Includes 12 books
- Short chapter books with pictures
- Imaginative plots
- Some kids may prefer an electronic version for reading
11. Fire HD 8 Kids Edition Tablet, 8" HD Display, 32 GB, Kid-Proof Case
If you want to get a tablet for your child but can’t afford the more expensive brand names, try the Fire HD Amazon Tablet with an 8 inch HD screen and 32 GB of storage space. The tablet comes with a kid-proof case with a built-in handle too.
It offers 10 hours of battery life, and you can expand the memory with a microSD card. Also, the device comes with one year of FreeTime to provide tons of free entertainment. Kids can play games, read books, watch televisions, and even learn Spanish all without spending extra money.
- Tablet with expandable memory
- Kid-proof case
- 1 year of Freetime
- Tons of learning options
- Hours of fun
- Long battery life
- Use parental controls easily
- Easy to customize
- Low price
- Runs slow
- May not download all apps
- Limited options compared to other tablets
12. L.O.L. Surprise! Bubbly Surprise (Pink) with Exclusive Doll & Pet
Girls love a surprise like the L.O.L Surprise! Bubbly Surprise in pink. The set comes with an extra doll and a low price. To unlock the surprises, girls need to stick the fizzies into water and watch their new toys act like a bath bomb.
The set comes with six surprises, 2 dolls, and a pet all exclusive to the brand with switchable and removable outfits. It comes in a sparkly storage case and kinetic sand for added value. Let her imagination go wild as she opens every little piece of this toy adventure.
- Comes with a sparkly case
- Includes 2 dolls, a pet, and 6 other surprises
- Mix and match outfits
- Low price
- Bubbly experience and kinetic stand
- The fizzies cannot be used in the bathtub and are not safe to touch
- Cheap toys inside as you are paying for the name and the experience of surprise
- Very small toys
13. Lake Placid Girls Nitro 8.8 Adjustable Ice Skates
Ice skates are a great form of exercise, and the Lake Placid Girls Nitro 8.8 Adjustable Ice Skates will last for a couple of years as you can adjust the size. They also include a washable comfort liner, quick buckles, and a comfortable boot design. Now you just need to find a skating rink!
Pick from multiple sizes, including small (11-13), Medium (1-4), and large (4-7). The shoes will not only protect your feet but provide a comfortable skating experience. Keep them for younger siblings too.
- Adjustable up to 4 sizes
- Easy to use buckles
- No shoelaces
- Washable liner
- Hockey style blade made of steel
- Promotes healthy activity
- Hard outer shell with inner cushion
- Not good for figure skating
- The skates run a little small
- A little expensive
14. Learning Resources Botley the Coding Robot Activity Set
The Learning Resources Botley the Coding Robot Activity Set teaches your child coding with a fun and unique STEM toy. You get 77 pieces ready to teach your child logic and programming with this adorable little robot. Even better, no screen needed to help your child learn to teach commands to a computer.
Botley has the ability to detect objects and go around them. He can also follow loop commands and travel around obstacle courses with the included supplies. Includes double-sided tiles, obstacle pieces, starter guide, and of course, Botley.
- Coding toy
- Runs up to 30 minutes on a full charge
- Supplies included for obstacle courses
- Fun and adorable robot
- Teaches logic and planning
- Require 5 batteries
- Lots of pieces to lose
- Only excepts 50 commands
- Can be glitchy
15. Magna Tiles Stardust Set
Magna Tiles do what Legos can’t, build up quickly using magnets, and this particular set looks like stardust coated block for 3D buildings. These blocks are not only fun but also an engaging learning toy that helps kids to learn math, science, engineering, planning, and creativity. Also, the blocks can help your child build anything they can imagine.
Kids think they are just playing, but in reality, they are developing math science, spatial, and tactile skills ready to help with school. The tiles are easy to connect and made out of food-grade ABS BPA-free plastic without phthalates or latex. Tons of add on available.
- Teach engineering, math, science, imagination, and more
- BPA Free plastic without phthalates or latex
- Has four-wheel drive and big tires to climb up inclines
- Made with magnets for easy connecting
- Tons of bright colors
- Add-ons available
- No storage included
- Lots of pieces to lose
- Only 15 pieces
16. Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad Pink
Girls who love to draw will love the Crayola Light Up Tracing Pad because it helps them learn valuable skills in drawing through tracing. The set comes in multiple colors and provides tons of options for tracing. You can add in tons of other options, too, with endless possibilities.
The set comes with 100 traceable images, 10 tracing sheets, 10 sheets of blank paper, 1 graphite pencil, and the tracking pad with a built-in light. Mix and match anything for tons of inspiration and engaging fun. No screen time on the computer either!
- Includes a tracing pad with light
- Comes with supplies
- Encourages artistic ability and imagination
- Safe and non-toxic
- Comes with over 100 traceable images
- Glows in the dark
- Measures 12 x 1.5 x 11 inches
- Requires 3 AA batteries not included
- You will need to purchase more supplies quickly
- Not the best quality but nothing similar on the market
17. TSUN Kids Karaoke Microphone
Seven-year-old girls love belting out songs at the top of their lungs, and the TSUN Kids Karaoke Microphone will help save their voice. This microphone connects to devices using Bluetooth for tons of song options and to connect to more speakers if you don’t like the built-in speaker. It’s made of metal and ABS plastic with noise-canceling technology and great sound quality.
Kids can explore the different modes and settings and use the rechargeable battery over and over again with friends. Makes a great addition to a sleepover or birthday party. It’s an easy to use device with fun colors and patterns for hours of singing practice.
- Comes with cords
- Includes a long-life battery
- Tons of options
- Works with Bluetooth
- Connects to your favorite music apps
- It’s loud
18. Razor Party Pop Kick Scooter
Let your child exercise with the Razor Party Pop Kick Scooter as it lights up for added fun. Not only will this set of wheels encourage movement but also help to get them outside with friends. It comes in fun colors and a low price tag making it a perfect gift option from a brand you trust.
The lightweight scooter uses durable steel and high-quality wheels for a safe and fun ride. Kids will love the 12 multi-color LED lights and the foam grips on the handle. Kids can use the built-in brake on the back for safety.
- Fun colors
- Foam grips
- Sturdy materials
- Includes a brake
- Encourages exercise
- Batteries included
- Doesn’t fold for storage
- Hard to replace batteries
- The scooter must be in motion for lights to turn on
19. Disney Frozen 2 Walk & Glow Fire Spirit
If your little lady is obsessed with the new Frozen 2 movie, then she will love the Disney Frozen 2 Walk & Glow Fire Spirit. Bruni is the cutest new edition to the Frozen family, and surprisingly, very few toys featuring this salamander are available. This cuddly little guy can walk, and he lights up too!
Just press the button on his back, and Bruni’s flames glow, and he can even walk around the room, but girls will love his plush design and complete adorableness. The salamander measures 12 inches long and comes with three AAA batteries.
- Plush Bruni that lights up and walks
- Includes an LED light
- Measures 12 inches
- Inspires imaginative play
- Includes batteries
- Fun Frozen character
- Will require new batteries in the future
20. Jay Franco Purrrfect 4 Piece Twin Bed Set
At seven, your daughter may be ready for a new bedding set with a more big girl design like kitty cats with fun sayings and crowns. Although, if your daughter doesn’t like cats and pink, Jay Franco makes over 20 different options for little girls and boys in bright festive colors. The set comes in both twin or full size to fit more kids' beds.
Even better, this is an entire set in a bag! You get a comforter, fitted sheet, flat sheet, and a pillowcase. Girls will love a bedroom change with a more grownup style yet still fun for little girls. Everything is made of microfiber polyester for extreme softness.
- Complete bedding set
- Multiple patterns available
- Microfiber polyester
- Comes in two sizes twin or full
- Microfiber doesn’t breathe as well as cotton
- Runs thin
Buying Guide for 7-Year-Old Girls Gifts
Here’s some more information to help you pick the right gift for the 7-year-old girl in your life.
Make sure you know what your little girl likes before buying a present as each little girl is different. Girls tend to spend quality time in different phases while deciding what they like. While at six, she may have loved ponies, she may now have no interest with a massive switch to mermaids. Always check before buying something you think they will like.
Learning & Imagination
Most toys teach children even if they are not dedicated to learning toys as any item can help to spur on children’s imagination; however, if you can try to look for toys that teach something such as art, creativity, math, vocabulary, or other skills. Some of the options on this list are just plain fun with the option for enhanced imagination, but plenty of others help to teach skills young children need.
At 7-years-old children are reaching new milestones, and the toys you pick can help. They need to work on hand-eye coordination and balance physically, which they can do with the scooter or the ice skates. Next, they can use the karaoke microphone or Legos to improve social development and taking turns. Lastly, they can work on learning to solve complex problems, increase logic skills, and improve their vocabulary with books and the Botley programming robot.
Can I buy older toys for my seven-year-old?
Whether you can buy older toys for your seven-year-old depends on your daughter, but if you do, don’t go up too high. Some girls are mature enough for more complex and exciting toys, but some girls aren’t ready. You know your daughter better than anyone and can better gauge if she is a younger or older seven-year-old.
My girl tends to prefer boys' toys, what are the best unisex toy options?
Girls don’t need to be limited to castles, princesses, and unicorns. Their imaginations are grown and want to try out a lot of different options. If your girl prefers wrestling toys, or spy gear, or even ninja gear, let her enjoy those toys as they can teach valuable skills and provide hours of fun.
Will any of these toys help keep my kids off of electronics?
Only one toy on this list is an electronic toy with a screen, and all of the others should engage children with learning and imagination without the need for a screen. Definitely try to limit screen time by picking toys your child will most likely engage with to avoid excessive screen-time.
Final Thoughts About
If you can only pick one toy off this list, we suggest you pick the LEGO Disney Princess Elsa's Magical Ice Palace 43172 Toy Castle as it mixes valuable learning with pure imagination. Legos have long been a childhood favorite as they provide the tools necessary to unlock your child’s imagination and help them grow. Moreover, these building blocks come in a fun theme, 7-year-old girls love - Frozen! Help your girl enjoy her creativity and learn to follow instructions with these amazing blocks.